Originally built in 1896 as part of the Groudle Glen pleasure grounds and attractions, this beautiful two foot gauge railway ran until the early 1960's before it fell into disrepair and eventually scrapped during the 1970's.
Rescued from total extinction in 1982 by enthusiastic volunteers, we have today this short line once again operating to the Sea Lion Rocks Tea Rooms.
|Sea Lion waits patiently at Lhen Coan Station before her first operation of the day.|
|Getting her steam up whilst her carriages are attached.|
|With plenty of steam to spare, Sea Lion was about to depart.|
|Sea Lion makes another arrival at Sea Lion Rocks.|
|A replica of Sea Lion's original sister locomotive in the making - Polar Bear.|