Sunday 28 August 2011

Ffestiniog Railway (1)

I last visited the Ffestiniog Railway back in 1968 with my geography teacher, Mr Heywood, who at the time I recall, was a volunteer on the railway. I have since learnt that he went on to become a General Manager with the company before retiring in 2005.

Mr Alan Heywood. (15.05.68)
The railway continues to have all the charm and character that it had back then, for which the following selection of photographs taken this year, certainly show.

Porthmadog Station with Merddin Emrys preparing to depart.
Vale of Ffestiniog working at Porthmadog Station.
Earl of Merioneth / Iarll Meiriontdd at Blaenau Ffestiniog.
Signal Box at Rhiw Goch.
Penrhyn Station.
Minffordd's cosy waiting room.
Merddin Emrys pulling out of Tanygrisiau.
Earl of Merioneth / Iarll Meiriontdd returning to Porthmadog Station.


2 comments:

  1. Would suggest that the penultimate photograph is at Tanygrisiau, rather than Blaenau Ffestiniog.

    Some of my Ffestiniog and Welsh Highland photographs

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've just checked my photos and thank you, you are indeed correct. Photo caption amended and well spotted!

    ReplyDelete