The railway runs from Fairbourne village to the mouth of the Mawddach estuary connecting with the ferry to Barmouth. Started as a 2 foot gauge horse drawn tramway it was reduced to a 15 inch gauge in 1916 and later in 1984 to 12.25 inch gauge.
|Russell preparing for her first departure of the day at Fairbourne.|
|Yeo resting in the engine shed at Fairbourne.|
|Turntable to the engine shed at Fairbourne.|
|The Barmouth Ferry at Penrhyn Point.|
|Russell steaming up at Penrhyn Point ready for her return to Fairbourne.|