The Lynton & Barnstaple Railway opened in May 1898 and closed just after 37 years in 1935. This 19 mile line and its purposely chosen gauge of 1ft 11 1/2in (600mm) was constructed to follow the natural contours of the North Devon countryside. The one-mile section in use today was reopened in 2004 and operates from Woody Bay station to Killington Lane.
|Mixed rolling stock on a siding at Woody Bay station.|
|The 11:30 from Woody Bay station prepares to depart.|
|There she goes, Axe 2451, on her way to Killington Lane.|
|All's quiet looking towards the engine shed at Woody Bay station.|
|Woody Bay station.|
|...and back again up the inclined approach to Woody Bay station.|
|Nearly home, Axe returns.|